Biggles Looks Back by W. E. Johns was first published in 1965 by Hodder and Stoughton. There have been 2 subsequent editions in the English language, with the most recent being the 2008 edition by Norman Wright. The events in the book take place in the mid 1960s mainly in what was then Czechoslovakia.
Note: The sections below contain spoilers. In particular, the plot subpage (click here) has an extended summary of the narrative in the book
The Special Air PoliceEdit
- Air Commodore Raymond
- Algy Lacey
- Ginger Hebblethwaite
- Bertie Lissie
Friends and alliesEdit
- Switzerland - ingress by air, transit by rail
- Austria - transit by rail
- Nancy - egress. Biggles was hospitalised here for two weeks
Other Research NotesEdit
References to the pastEdit
- There are multiple references to the past association between Biggles, Erich von Stalhein and Marie Janis.
- The story of how Biggles first met Marie in Affaire de la Coeur from The Camels are Coming is recounted by Algy early on.
- The events of Biggles Buries a Hatchet and how Biggles rescued von Stalhein from Sakhalin are mentioned.
- Von Stalhein mentions that after the "Roth" affair of Biggles Takes a Hand, Iron Curtain authorities would be on the look out for him. It is mentioned here that Biggles actually gave evidence at the trial of Rallensky and Molsk.