Biggles and the Little Green God by W. E. Johns was first published in 1969 by Brockhampton. There has been 4 subsequent editions in the English language. The events in the book take place in London and in South America, principally in Santiago, Chile and in the Andes.
Note: The sections below contain spoilers. In particular, Biggles and the Little Green God/plot|the plot subpage (click here) has an extended summary of the narrative in the book
The Special Air Police/Scotland YardEdit
- Air Commodore Raymond
- Algy Lacey
- Sam Bates
- Don Carlos Ricardo Pallimo
- José O'Higgins
- Professor Barrendo
- Mr Thurburn
- Conchita Gonzales
- Captain Ibenez
- Estiban Huerta
- Hotel Grande - Mayfair
- Los Lobitos
- Ezeiza Airport, Buenos Aires
Other Research NotesEdit
- Ginger and Bertie were on leave and did not appear in the book at all.
- This is one story where Biggles, somewhat uncharacteristically, stuck to the strictest interpretation of his brief. Hence, his mission ended with the recovery of the object and prevention of what might have been a fraudulent insurance claim. He did not:
- Seek to discover who had written the anonymous note warning him to go home.
- Seek to discover who had fired the shots at him outside Barrendo's house.
- Bring the person responsible for bombing the aircraft to justice--even though at that time two of the crew were missing and could well have been dead (he did not learn they had survived until long after returning to Britain.