Biggles in the Underworld by W. E. Johns was first published in 1968 by Brockhampton. There has been only 2 subsequent editions in the English language, a Knight books paperback and a reprint. The events in the book take place in England.
Biggles is asked to track down a particularly nasty criminal and prison escapee named "Nick the Shiekh" or "Lazor the Razor" because his trademark is attacking people with a razor.
Note: The sections below contain spoilers. In particular, the plot subpage (click here) has an extended summary of the narrative in the book
The Special Air Police/Scotland YardEdit
- Air Commodore Raymond
- Algy Lacey
- Ginger Hebblethwaite
- Bertie Lissie
- Gaskin - mentioned in Chapter 1
- Nicholas Lazor - otherwise known as "Nick the Sheikh" or "Lazor the Razor".
- Lady Crantonby
- Constantine Nestos
- Brian Basil Caine
- Kendrick Seaton-Thompson
- Auster J1 Autocrat
- De Havilland Gipsy Moth
- Auster Aiglet - two, on the inventory of the Podbury Flying Club
- Piper Cub - on the inventory of the Podbury Flying Club
- Clayhangar, Hampshire
- Podbury, Surrey
Other Research NotesEdit
- The title is somewhat of a misnomer because Biggles doesn't really go into the underworld, undercover or otherwise, unlike in Biggles on the Home Front.