The Case of the Unregistered Operator is the third short story in the anthology Biggles Air Detective which was first published in May, 1950. By this time, Biggles was already a Detective Air-Inspector. His promotion took place in Another Job for Biggles which was serialised as Biggles in Arabia from February 1950, predating the Air Detective by 3 months.
Inspector Gaskin consults Biggles about a number of cases where the chief suspects always seem to be in two places at the same time. The criminals must be getting air transport. Biggles goes undercover to find out who has been providing it.
See the article under The P.P.A. for a summary of the plot.
The Special Air PoliceEdit
- Algy Lacey
- Ginger Hebblethwaite
- Bertie Lissie
- Inspector Gaskin
- Captain Joudrier
- Air Police operations room
- Prison - could be Brixton prison
- Lambeth Road - could be S. Lambeth Road, near to Brixton Prison
- Field or farm off Great West Road
- Farm outside Paris
- 41 Rue Chantonesse, Paris
- Plevington Castle
- Biggles is introduced to Joudrier for the first time by Gaskin.